Features of New Rs.2000 Banknotes issued by RBI
The Reserve Bank of India issued new Rs.2,000 denomination banknotes in a new series called “Mahatma Gandhi Series” without the inset letter. The new note, as before, will be carrying the signature and promise clause of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India.
The new banknotes have been changed completely as compared to the previous ones. The new notes are different from earlier specified banknotes in color, size, theme, location of security features, and design elements. The size of the new note will be 66mm x 166mm. The color is magenta and will feature Motif of Mangalayan on the reverse, depicting the country’s first venture into the interplanetary space.
Here are all the features:
- See through register in denominational numeral 500.
- Latent image with denominational numeral.
- Denominational numeral written in Devanagari on the left.
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center.
- Micro letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’ on the left side of the banknote.
- Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’, ‘RBI’, and ‘500’ changes color from green to blue when tilted.
- RBI emblem with guarantee clause and Governor’s signature with promise clause has been shifted right.
- Portrait and electrotype watermarks.
- Number panels with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
- Denominational numeral with rupee symbol changing color from green to blue on bottom right.
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
(For visually impaired)
Intaglio and raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identity mark.
- Horizontal rectangle with Rs.500 in raised print on the right.
- Seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print.
- Year of printing of the note on left.
- Swachh Bharat logo with slogan.
- Language panel towards the center.
- Motif of Mangalayan, depicting the country’s first venture into the interplanetary space
- Denominational numeral in Devanagari on top right.
- Previous Features of New Rs.500 Banknotes Issued By RBI
- Next Lenovo Phab 2 Plus: Specifications, Price & More