Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 4 in India; prices start at Rs. 9,999
After much hyping up and leaks, Xiaomi has finally revealed the Indian variant of the Redmi Note 4. The major changes from the Chinese version of the device is that this one comes powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor which utilizes 14nm FinFET technology, coupled with Adreno 506 GPU.
The device is now sporting a full metal body with fingerprint sensor on the back, much like its Chinese counterpart. It sports a 5.5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) 2.5D curved glass IPS display with a 401ppi pixel density. Optics are handled by a rear 13-megapixel CMOS sensor equipped with PDAF (phase detection autofocus), an f/2.0 aperture, 77-degree wide angle lens, and dual-tone LED flash. The camera is promised to be a huge upgrade over the outgoing Redmi Note 3 whose camera was one of its weakest points. The sensor is sourced from Sony or Samsung depending on the unit you get, sensors are namely Sony IMX258 and Samsung S5K3L8. If you recall, Sony IMX258 is the same sensor which Xiaomi used in its popular smartphones like Mi4i and even in dual camera sporting Mi5s Plus. The front camera sports a 5-megapixel CMOS sensor, coupled with an 85-degree wide angle lens. Expandable storage is available on the Redmi Note 4 via a hybrid dual-SIM card configuration, supporting microSD cards (up 128GB).
As for connectivity, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 offers 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/g/b/n, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, Micro-USB, and Infrared. Sensors on board include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, electronic compass, and proximity sensor. Redmi Note 4 battery capacity is rated at 4100mAh battery, and the new Xiaomi smartphone measures 151x76x8.35mm, and weighs 175 grams.
Android Nougat Preview Build will also be available very soon for the device as promised by company’s VP Hugo Barra.
Summary of the above can be stated as-
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (eMMC 5.0) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.45mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
The variants are priced as follows:
2GB/32GB for Rs. 9,999
3GB/32GB for Rs. 10,999
4GB/64GB for Rs. 12,999
About: Shivam Kuchhal
- Previous Vivo V5 Plus, V5 Lite Smartphones Unveiled; Set For India Launch
- Next Avail Watch Dogs 2 Limited-Time Free Trial Now!